- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) icing sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) warm milk
- 420 ml (1 2/3 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) instant yeast
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg, plus 2 egg yolks
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of softened, unsalted butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) cranberry filling (see recipe below)
- 500 ml (2 cups) Brie From Here, rind removed, cut into cubes
- 500 ml (2 cups) canola oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) icing sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- Dissolve 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of icing sugar into warm milk. Set aside.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the flour, yeast and salt. Stir in the egg, egg yolks and warm milk mixture until it forms a dough.
- Add the butter and knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes on a floured surface.
- Make a ball and place it in a greased bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap, and let it sit in a warm and humid place (for example, in the oven after it has been turned off), until the dough has doubled in size.
- On a floured surface, knead and roll out the dough until it is 5 mm (1/4 inch.) thick. Cut out circles that are approximately 5 cm (2 inches) in diameter.
- Scoop 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of cranberry filling into the centre of half the circles.
- Add two cubes of Brie From Here on the cranberry filling.
- Moisten the edges of the circles with a bit of water, and place a second circle over top of the first. Seal the two circles well. Repeat for the rest of the donuts. Let the donuts rise for 45 to 60 minutes in a warm and humid place.
- Heat the canola oil in a cooking pot or a deep-fryer at 360° F (180° C), and fry the donuts for about 1 minute on each side, until they turn golden brown.
- Let the donuts drip off on paper towels. Once they cool down, sprinkle them with icing sugar.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a saucepan, and let them simmer for around 5 minutes or until the cranberries start to pop. Let it cool.
- These donuts can be kept for up to 3 months in a sealed plastic bag or a sealed container.
Your message has been send successfully.