- 1 ½ lb (675 g) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped green or black olives
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
- 250 g (8 oz) Emmental L’Ancêtre, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) homemade or store-bought salsa
- Salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except salsa. Season generously.
- Shape mixture into small meatballs and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake on top rack of oven at 230°C (450°F) for 10 to 12 minutes or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
- Serve hot with salsa on the side.
Your message has been send successfully.