- 3 slices of bacon, cut into cubes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Butter
- 4 to 6 endives, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) Riviera Emmental cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven on broil.
- In a large saucepan, brown the bacon cubes for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and crispy. Set aside on a plate.
- Remove the excess bacon grease from the saucepan. Using the same saucepan, melt the butter and brown the endives and shallot for 5 minutes, or until they are caramelized. Add the garlic, then the flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add the milk and chicken stock, and continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Add half of the cheese and continue cooking for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Pour the mixture into an au gratin dish. Top with the rest of the cheese and bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
Your message has been send successfully.