- 250 ml (1 cup) butter, at room temperature
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) vanilla extract
- 500 ml (2 cups) apple, grated
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 250 g (8 oz) grated Semi-soft cheese from here, such as Comtomme or Le Délice des Appalaches
- 250 ml (1 cup) rolled oats
- 250 ml (1 cup) dried cranberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and grated apple.
- Mix in the flours then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough on an ungreased or parchment-paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies in the over for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool on a rack. Store the cookies in an airtight container to guard from moisture.
Your message has been send successfully.