- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) softened butter
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fennel seeds
- 85 ml(1/3 cup) dried figs, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) of Cheddar From Here, grated
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the butter to obtain a granular mixture.
- Add the fennel seeds, figs, half of the grated Cheddar From Here (125 ml or 1/2 cup).
- Add in the milk and egg, and mix with a fork.
- Place the dough on a floured work surface.
- Shape it into ball and knead for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of at least 2 cm (3/4 in).
- Cut out scones with a 4 cm (1 1/2 in) round pastry cutter. Place on a baking sheet.
- Add the remainder of the Cheddar From Here (125 ml or 1/2 cup).
- Bake about 12 minutes or until the scones are golden.
- Serve warm with butter
Your message has been send successfully.