- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 ml (1tsp.) ground coriander seeds
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground peppercorns
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground cumin seeds
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) ground mustard seeds
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp.) ground fennel seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) extra-virgin olive oil
- 225 g (1/2 lb) grade AAA filet mignon
- 250 ml (1 cup) Perron Cheddar or Aged Perron Cheddar, cut into thin slices
- In a large saucepan filled with boiling water, cook the chopped fennel until tender. Strain. Purée in a blender with the butter until it forms a mousseline. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the spices with the olive oil. Coat the filet mignon with the spices.
- In a frying pan, grill the filet mignon on all sides, on high heat. Allow the meat to cool down, and set aside in the freezer for an hour, or until it starts to harden.
- Using a well-sharpened knife, cut very thin slices of filet mignon.
- Drop 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of fennel mousseline onto each presentation spoon. Top with a thin slice of filet mignon, arranged in a rosette. Garnish with the cheese slices.
Your message has been send successfully.