- 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 565 g (1¼ lb.) white fish fillet
- 625 ml (2½ cups) grated Flavoured Cheddar From Here, such as Les Normandises with garlic flowers, Tomato and Pepper Ferme Vallée Verte Cheddar or Les P'tits Victoria Cheddar with Garlic and Herbs
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Italian tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) capers, drained
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olives of your choosing, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh chives, chopped
- 22 ml (1½ tbsp.) olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220oC (425oF).
- In a food processor, chop the green onions. Add the fish in two batches and continue to chop, being careful not to reduce the mixture to a purée. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Add the grated cheese to the bowl. Generously season with salt and pepper. Make 8 to 12 cakes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cakes.
- While the cakes are cooking, mix the sauce ingredients together. Season with pepper.
- Serve the hot cakes with the sauce.
- Also try this recipe with Farmer La Trappe à Fromage.
- The cooked fish cakes will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. The sauce vierge will keep in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
Your message has been send successfully.