- 250 ml (1 cup) cracked freekeh*
- 60 ml (¼ cup) canola oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cider vinegar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Dijon mustard
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fennel leaves, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 540 ml (19 oz.) canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ red pepper, diced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) fennel, minced
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 125 g (4½ oz.) Louis Cyr cheese, diced
- * Freekeh can be replaced with bulgur if desired.
- In a saucepan, cook the freekeh according to package instructions and rinse under cold water. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard and fennel leaves. Add salt and pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients and cooled freekeh. Stir. Adjust seasoning and serve.
- The salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Your message has been send successfully.