- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Le Riopelle de l’Isle cheese
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Granulated sugar
- 8 slices of your choice of bread: raisin bread, nut bread, panettone, sweet bread or other
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) raspberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) blackberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) blueberries
- 2 beaten eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) Cinnamon
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Unsalted butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) icing sugar
- In a bowl, mix the cheese, orange juice and zest, and 15 ml (1 tbsp.) granulated sugar.
- Spread this mixture on both sides of each bread slice.
- Cover 4 slices with berries, pressing them down so they stick.
- Cover these with the other slices, coated on both sides with the cheese mixture, to form sandwiches. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and the rest of the granulated sugar.
- Dip the sandwiches into this mixture, coating both sides.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter and then brown the sandwiches for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve hot.
Your message has been send successfully.