- 4 large potatoes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) peas
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cumin seeds, roasted and crushed
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) coriander seeds, roasted and crushed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) of Le D'Iberville, in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC).
- Wash potatoes well and boil them in salted water for 20 minutes.
- Drain and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the skins, leaving 0.5 cm (1/4 in.) of potato on them, and set aside in a bowl.
- Dry the potato skins well, then coat with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven, turning them once, until they are crispy. Set aside.
- While the potato skins cook, mash the potatoes with milk and butter. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, caramelize the shallots in some butter.
- Add garlic, jalapeno pepper, peas, spices and herbs. Add salt and pepper.
- Add the mixture of peas to the mashed potatoes. Adjust the seasoning.
- When the potato skins are ready, carefully add the mashed potato mixture.
- Add small pieces of Le D'Iberville on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese melts and everything is heated through.
Your message has been send successfully.