- 4 eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp.) almond extract
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter
- 4 croissants, cut in half horizontally
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sliced almonds
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 125 g (4½ oz.) La Belle-Mère cheese, sliced
- Honey, to taste
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk and almond extract together.
- In a skillet, melt 5 ml (1 tsp.) of the butter on medium heat and brown the almond slices for 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside on a plate. Place the skillet back on the heat and melt the remaining butter.
- Dip the bottom sections of the croissants in the egg mixture, coating both sides, and drain. Cook in the hot skillet for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, cut side up.
- Garnish the croissants with the peaches, cheese and almonds. Keep hot in the oven preheated to 165oC (325oF).
- Dip the top sections of the croissants in the egg mixture, coating on both sides, and drain. Cook in the hot skillet for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove croissant bottoms from the oven. Drizzle with a little honey and top with the other half of the croissant. Serve.
- The fried croissants will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. Assembling the dish must be done just before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.