- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) ginger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 litre (4 cups) butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 to 12 slices of baguette
- 120 g (4 oz.) ENDRÉ DE LUNE, sliced
- 250 ml (1 cup) cream
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook the garlic, ginger and onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced squash and chicken stock. Season.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the diced squash is tender.
- Using a blender, blend the soup with the cream until a smooth squash cream is obtained.
- Return soup to the saucepan, add the parsley and adjust seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Place baguette slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake on both sides.
- Remove from oven, top immediately with CENDRÉ DE LUNE slices and let soften.
- Serve on the soup.
Your message has been send successfully.