- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh dill, chopped
- 450 g (1 lb) scallops
- 450 g (1 lb) precooked shrimps, deveined and tails removed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) of Agropur Grand Cheddar Réserve Spéciale, cut into cubes
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) bread crumbs
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) melted butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C).
- In a large saucepan, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of butter, add the onion, garlic, carrot and fennel and brown for about 5 minutes. Add the dill. Add salt and pepper. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In the same saucepan, melt 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of butter and cook the scallops for 2 minutes, just to brown them.
- Add the scallops to the vegetable mix, and then the shrimp and parsley. Set it aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt the rest of the butter. Add the flour and whisk it while it’s cooking for about 1 minute. Add the milk and continue stirring while cooking until the sauce thickens and is smooth. Mix in the cheese cubes and continue cooking until the cheese melts. Pour the sauce over the vegetables and seafood mix.
- Pour the mix into a 3.5 L (13 x 9 in.) baking dish.
- Add the topping (see below).
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes, until the top has a golden crust.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- This dish can be kept frozen for up to 3 weeks; cover the dish with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing it in the freezer.
Your message has been send successfully.