- 4 pancetta slices
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 225 g (1/2 lb) unsalted pork fat with meat
- 250 ml (1 cup) split green peas
- 1.25 L (5 cups) chicken broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) 15% cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Le Mamirolle
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange pancetta on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for about 10 minutes or until pancetta is crisp. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and cook onion, carrot, parsnip and pork.
- Add split peas and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes over low heat or until split peas are soft.
- Add cream and cheese; stir until melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- At serving time, top with crisp pancetta.
Your message has been send successfully.