- 4 wood skewers
- 250 ml (1 cup) strawberries
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut in pieces
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of Cheddar from here, diced
- 1 cortland apple, seeded and quartered
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and quartered
- 1 kiwi, peeled and quartered
- 4 figs or dried dates
- Fresh mint, mince, to tasteCaramelized honey with anise
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 star anise
- Soak the wood skewers in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Make fruit brochettes, alternating pieces of strawberry, pineapple, cheese, apple, mango, kiwi, fig or dried date. Set aside.
- Immerse the fruit brochette in caramelized honey with anise for 10 minutes.
- Grill each fruit brochette on a preheated BBQ for about one minute. Do not overcook or the cheese cubes will melt completely.
- Serve immediately with a little mint and the remainder of the caramelized honey with anise.Caramelized honey with anise
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, butter and star anise for about 5 minutes until caramelized, stirring regularly.
- Try this recipe with L'Ancêtre Emmental Swiss.
Your message has been send successfully.