- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) cooked ham, cut in small cubes
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) Vacherin Fri-Charco, grated
- 4 cooked vol-au-vent shells
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat and cook shallot, mushrooms and diced zucchini for about 5 minutes or until everything is golden.
- Add the ham cubes and cook 2 more minutes. Add rosemary. Powder with flour and mix well.
- Add the milk and chicken stock and continue cooking while stirring, until thickened. Incorporate half (125 ml or 1/2 cup) of the grated cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- Fill the vol-au-vent shells with the ham mixture and top with the remainder of the cheese (125 ml or 1/2 cup).
- Place the vol-au-vent shells on a baking sheet and bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve with zucchini and roasted sweet peppers.
Your message has been send successfully.