- 4 slices Grondines cheese
- 2 two slices of veal cretons, home-made
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fig jam, store-bought
- 2 leaves of mesclun lettuce
- Bread chosen: Organic sunflower seed bread
- 1 bread slice, diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 225 g (1/2 lb) ground veal
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of clove
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Slice two pieces of bread.
- Spread each slice with fig jam.
- Top with the cretons, cheese and lettuce.
- In a bowl, soak the diced bread in milk.
- In a large saucepan, brown the shallot and garlic in butter.
- Add the meat and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Add the soaked bread and spices.
- Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring while cooking. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the mixture into a terrine and let it set in the refrigerator.
Your message has been send successfully.