- 2 tsp. (10 ml) cornstarch
- ¾ cup (180 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) pumpkin or squash purée
- 1½ cup (375 ml) Swiss from here, grated
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) fresh chives, chopped
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1–2 tbsp. (15–30 ml) Graham cracker crumbs
- Raw vegetables, baguette or crackers
- In a wide, shallow microwaveable bowl, mix the cornstarch into the milk. Add the pumpkin or squash purée, grated cheese, chives, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Microwave on high for 2½ minutes. Stir and microwave for 2½ more minutes. Stir well until all the cheese is melted and the dip is smooth.
- Sprinkle Graham cracker crumbs and serve immediately with raw vegetables, bread or crackers.
- The hot dip can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Top with Graham cracker crumbs just before serving, after heating up the dip in the microwave.
Your message has been send successfully.