- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 litre (4 cups) cauliflower, in florets
- 5 to 7 ml (1 to 1½ tsp.) Curry powder or paste
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Corn starch
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 60 ml (¼ cup) 15% cream, regular or cooking
- 250 ml (1 cup) le Cabouron cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets and curry. Cook 2 more minutes.
- Dissolve the corn starch in the chicken stock, add the resulting mixture to the saucepan and stir.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the florets are tender but still firm.
- Add the cream and grated cheese.
- Adjust seasoning, stir and serve the soup before the cheese is completely melted.
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Also try this recipe with Fredondaine.
Your message has been send successfully.