- 100 g (3½ oz) Dried black figs, Hot water
- 3 g (½ tsp.) Fresh ginger, chopped, Water
- 60 g (2 oz) Walnuts
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Red port wine
- 400 g (14 oz) Oyster mushrooms
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) Olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) Sherry vinegar
- 1 Inspiré cheese
- 4 Slices of country bread, toasted
- Soak the figs in hot water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Put half of the figs, the chopped ginger and a small amount of water in a small saucepan.
- Simmer for twenty minutes.
- In a food processor, blend figs, walnuts and red port into a smooth paste.
- Place the paste between two sheets of parchment paper and roll the paste ½ cm thick using a rolling pin. Refrigerate.
- In a skillet, sauté the oyster mushrooms with olive oil, salt, thyme and garlic.
- When cooked, add vinegar and reduce completely. Set aside.
The day of
- An hour before serving, slice the Inspiré in half horizontally.
- Cut a circle of fig and nut paste the same size as the cheese and place it between the two layers of cheese.
- Allow it to set on the counter so the flavours can combine.
- Slice the cheese into four equal parts.
- Place the marinated oyster mushrooms on the side of the plate and serve the slices of toasted country bread in a breadbasket.
Your message has been send successfully.