- 250 ml (1 cup) Israeli couscous*
- 375 ml (1½ cups) snow peas
- 250 ml (1 cup) cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) finely chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (½ cup) walnut pieces, toasted
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) canola oil
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) lemon zest
- 60 ml (¼ cup) chopped fresh parsley
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh basil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh mint
- Salt and ground pepper
- 200 g (7 oz.) Champlain cheese cut into small wedges
- Cook couscous in a saucepan according to package directions. Let cool.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a large bowl and add couscous. Salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and incorporate cheese. Serve.
- * Not to be confused with tiny yellow couscous. Israeli couscous is twice as big and looks like small pearl pasta.
- Couscous salad keeps in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. It is best to store the salad and cheese separately.
Your message has been send successfully.