- 60 g (2 oz.) onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 125 g (4 oz.) arborio rice
- 375 ml (1½ cups) hot chicken stock
- 200 g (7 oz.) La Meule Des Champs cheese, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- Sufficient quantity of canola oil (for frying)
- 100 g (3½ oz.) Matane shrimps
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) brandy
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) smoked paprika
- 8 small scallops (about 100 g in total)
- Sufficient quantity of salt and pepper
- Brown the onions and half the garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Add the rice and chicken stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper.
- In a round-bottomed mixing bowl, combine the hot rice and the cheese and mix well. Allow to cool and form twelve golf-sized balls. Coat with flour and fry. Set aside and keep warm.
- Over medium heat, sauté the shrimp with the remaining garlic. Flambé with the brandy. Moisten with the cream. Reduce by half and add the smoked paprika. Blend using an immersion blender, strain and add salt and pepper.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Heat a pan so it becomes very hot and brown the scallops, then cut them into thin slices.
- At serving time, in the bottom of a plate, make points with the cream of shrimp, place three arancini (rice balls) and top them with a slice of scallop and a drizzle of olive oil.
Your message has been send successfully.