- Ravioli Dough
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) water
- 10½ oz. (300 g) all-purpose flour
- La Récompense Stuffing
- 2 sheets (4 g) gelatin or 4 g gelatin powder
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) salted butter
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (60 ml) artisanal black beer, such as Aphrodisiaque from the the Dieu du Ciel! microbrewery
- 9 oz. (250 g) La Récompense cheese, rind removed, grated
- 6¾ cups (1.6 l) poultry stock
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) butter
- ⅔ oz. (20 g) La Récompense cheese, with rind, thinly sliced
- Ravioli Dough
- Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs with the oil and water. Add the flour and mix with the hook for 5 minutes. Remove dough from mixer and knead for 1 minute. Let stand 30 minutes.
- La Récompense Cheese Stuffing
- Soak the gelatin in a bit of water. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes to form a roux. Add the beer and whisk. Stir in the grated cheese with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat. Add the gelatin and mix well. Pour the mixture into puck-shaped or half-sphere silicone molds. Cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the ravioli dough to 1/16 inch (2 mm) thickness. Using a round pastry cutter, cut dough circles the size of the pucks to be stuffed. Stuff the ravioli and blanch for 3 minutes in boiling water.
- In a saucepan over high heat, reduce the poultry stock by half. Immediately before serving, season the stock with salt and pepper, then add the butter, whisking vigorously.
- Serve 6 pucks on a soup plate with a quarter of the stock and top with a few slices of cheese. Enjoy!
Your message has been send successfully.