- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) honey
- 250 ml (1 cup) pitted fresh cherries or drained canned Bing cherries
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter
- 125 ml (½ cup) whole almonds
- 1 ml (¼ tsp.) ground cinnamon
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) sugar
- 125 g (4½ oz.) sliced LA SAUVAGINE cheese
- Bring water and honey to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add cherries and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and roast almonds for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and stir just until spreadable.
- Place cheese slices on 4 plates.
- Top with cherry jam and sprinkle with cinnamon almonds.
- The cherry jam will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. The almonds may be prepared in advance and stored at room temperature in a sealable container. This dish should not be assembled until ready to serve.
Your message has been send successfully.