- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 227 g (8 oz) basket of mushrooms, sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) tomato sauce
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 300 g (10 oz) Le Douanier cheese, sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) quinoa, millet, rice or small pasta, cooked
- 398 ml (14 oz) can of chick peas, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 190˚C (375˚F).
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat and brown the onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add the green pepper and mushrooms, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and oregano, and season to taste. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a baking dish, add 1/3 of the sauce and top with half of the quinoa, chick peas and cheese. Repeat the layers, adding the last 1/3 of the sauce before the cheese.
- Bake at 190˚C (375˚F) for 20 minutes. Broil if desired.
- Serve hot.
Your message has been send successfully.