- 50 g (3 tbsp.) soft butter
- 75 g (5 tbsp.) sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 g (4 tbsp.) flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25 g (1 oz) white chocolate chips
- 30 g (1 1/2 oz) crushed pecans
- 4 blueberries
- 1 quince, peeled and brunoised (finely diced)
- 1 rehydrated gelatin leaf (4 g powdered gelatin)
- 100 g (3 oz) syrup (50 g sugar and 50 g water)
- 180 g (6 oz) Le Ciel de Charlevoix
- 180 g (6 oz) 35% cream, sweetened with 20 g (1 tbsp.) sugar
- 3 rehydrated gelatin leaves (12 g powdered gelatin)
- 200 g (7 oz) whipped cream
- 5 g (1 tsp.) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 40 g (2 oz) crushed pecans
- Whip the sugar and butter until white and frothy. Add the egg, flour, baking powder and salt. Whip until creamy. Add the chocolate and pecans. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll out until 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for approximately 10 minutes, until the cookies are light-coloured. Once cooled, cut the cookies in half.
- Mix the diced quince with the syrup in a sauce pan and cook on low heat until crystallized (15 to 20 minutes). After cooking, remove and save the syrup and add the leaf gelatine sheet. Set aside.
- Melt the Le Ciel de Charlevoix into the sweetened cream in a saucepan over very low heat. Add the rehydrated gelatin leaves. Mix and filter the mixture with a China cap strainer or with cheesecloth. Let cool to room temperature. Add the whipped cream a bit at a time until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix all the ingredients in a baking dish. Bake at 350°F (180°C) until caramelized (approximately 5 minutes). Add 1/3 of the cheese stick mix into a rectangular mould.
- Sprinkle with caramelized pecans and top with a cookie. Spread 1/3 of the cheese stick mix on the cookie. Sprinkle again with caramelized pecans. Spread a last layer of cheese stick mix and freeze for 30 minutes. Remove the frozen desert from the mould by running warm water over it.
- Top the bûchette with the candied quince and syrup. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Decorate the plates with caramelized pecans, candied quince and the remaining syrup. Serve cool.
Your message has been send successfully.