- 240 g (8½ oz) dark chocolate, crushed
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) butter
- 2 eggs
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) sugar
- 125 ml (½ cup) flour
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) Baking powder
- 3 ml (½ tsp.) Baking soda
- 125 ml (½ cup) cocoa powder
- 200 g (7 oz) Le Ménestrel cheese, diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Melt the butter with half the chocolate in the microwave oven and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until a light yellow, smooth mixture is obtained. The sugar should be dissolved.
- Gradually add the melted chocolate.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sifted cocoa powder.
- Gently mix the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Then, add the diced cheese and the rest of the crushed chocolate.
- Spread the brownie batter in a 23 cm (9 in.) square pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes. The center of the brownie should not be completely cooked.
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes and serve warm
Looking for an alternative to this cheese?
- Visit our Firm cheeses section.
Your message has been send successfully.