- 75 g (3 oz) smoked bacon
- 1/2 onion
- 1 branch of fresh thyme
- 100 g (4 oz) Le Mi-Carême cheese
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 25 ml (2 tbsp.) white wine
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g (12 oz) white flour
- 225 g (1 1/2 cup) icing sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) salt
- 225 g (1/2 lb) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- Dice the smoked bacon and slice the onion finely.
- Chop the thyme and dice the cheese.
- In a skillet, fry the bacon until crispy and set aside.
- Place the sliced onions in the bacon grease.
- Caramelize the onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and remove excess oil.
- Add the lardons and spices to the onions. Add the white wine, cheese and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 1 minute while stirring. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar.
- Dice the butter and stir into mixture before adding the egg.
- Knead the mixture into a soft ball of dough.
- Cut into four equal pieces and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let it warm to room temperature.
- Roll out the tartlets, place in pie tins and top with the cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust has cooked.
Your message has been send successfully.