- 250 ml (1 cup) water
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Le Migneron de Charlevoix cheese, cut into small pieces
- 250 ml (1 cup) flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh mint, chopped
- Zest of lemon
- Nutmeg, freshly grated to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Le Migneron de Charlevoix cheese, cut in small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a saucepan, add water, butter and cheese. Bring to a boil. Add flour and baking powder. Pour in the flour mixture all at once and stir briskly with a wooden spoon until the dough doesn’t stick to the sides of the pan. Remove from heat. Add eggs while stirring briskly. Spoon small balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Bake about 15 minutes, until the dough is golden. Leave the dough balls to dry in the oven 15 minutes longer. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and cook leeks on low for 8 to 10 minutes until they are tender. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Stuff the small pastry blossoms with leeks. Add cheese pieces on each blossom. Return them to the oven to melt the cheese. Serve when the blossoms are hot.
Your message has been send successfully.