- 280 g (10 oz) Louis D’or cheese, grated and having sat at room temperature for at least one half hour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g (3.5 oz) all-purpose flour
- 15 g (0.5 oz) coriander, chives and parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) canola oil
- 1 large Chioggia beet (striped inside)
- 2 carrots
- 1 leek, white portion
- 1 Spanish onion
- 5 ml (0.17 oz) canola oil
- 20 g (0.7 oz) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 15 g (1/2 oz) garlic
- 15 g (1/2 oz) coriander
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place 250 g (9 oz) of room-temperature cheese in the blender with the eggs and additional egg yolk. Fold in the flour.
- Add half of the coriander, chives and parsley, and salt and pepper. Blend well.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut it into small sections.
- While the gnocchi are being prepared, cook the beet in a small sauce pan with salted water until it can be cut easily with a knife. Let cool.
- Boil salted water in a saucepan and add the gnocchi. Boil until they float (about two minutes). Let them cool in a dish with 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) canola oil. Set aside.
- Finely slice the vegetables and sauté them in a skillet with canola oil.
- In another skillet, brown the gnocchi and add the seasoning mixture.
- Mince the garlic and coriander, and mix with the oil to form a paste. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix the gnocchi with the vegetables. Add the walnuts and the remaining coriander, chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a deep bowl with the remaining 30 g (1 oz) of grated cheese.
Your message has been send successfully.