- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) salted butter
- 1/2 onion, very finely chopped
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) uncooked macaroni
- 750 ml (3 cups) vegetable or chicken broth
- 375 ml (1½ cups) milk
- 625 ml (2½ cups) Le Ménestrel cheese, grated
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) cornstarch
- Ground nutmeg, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat and cook the onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook for the time indicated on the package.
- Add the milk and heat the soup. Meanwhile, mix the cheese and cornstarch together to coat the cheese. Gradually add the cheese to the soup, stirring. Let thicken. Add the nutmeg and adjust the seasoning. Serve nice and hot.
- The soup will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Do not freeze.
Your message has been send successfully.