- 900 g (2 lb.) lean ground veal
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chopped fresh ginger
- 2 slices multigrain bread, made into crumbs
- 500 ml (2 cups) chopped fresh baby spinach
- 185 g (6½ oz.) Le Canotier de L'Isle cheese, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 ml (½ cup) tomato paste
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) hoisin sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375oF (190oC).
- In a large bowl, combine veal with garlic, onion, ginger, bread crumbs, spinach, and cheese. Salt and pepper generously.
- Press mixture into a round mold 25 cm (10 in.) in diameter and about 5 cm (2 in.) deep. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine tomato paste with hoisin sauce, green onions, and basil.
- Brush top of meatloaf with mixture after 30 minutes of cooking and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Cut meatloaf into wedges and serve.
Looking for a substitute for this cheese?
- Check out our selection of raclette cheeses from here.
- Cooked meatloaf will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week and may be frozen.
Your message has been send successfully.