- 8 large Italian tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, quartered and de-seeded (optional)
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) chilli powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground coriander seeds
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) cocoa powder
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 750 ml (3 cups) poultry stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) canned black beans
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) Aged Cheddar From here, grated
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place 6 tomatoes, onions, carrots, garlic, peppers and jalapeño in a roasting dish.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin, ground coriander seeds and cocoa powder.
- Drizzle with olive oil, coating all the vegetables. Add salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the vegetables are golden and tender.
- Remove vegetables from the oven and transfer to a blender.
- Add the poultry stock and deglaze the pan.
- Add this stock along with half of the black beans to the blender and blend everything to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the soup into a large saucepan and add the remainder of the beans. Bring to a boil while stirring.
- Lower the heat and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls and garnish each portion with the remaining chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro, Aged Cheddar From Here, and fresh cream.
- Serve with tortillas.
Your message has been send successfully.