- 6 peppers, your choice, with wide enough bases to stand up
- 500 ml (2 cups) rice, cooked
- 540 ml (19 oz.) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh salsa, medium or spicy, as desired
- 250 ml (1 cup) corn kernels
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 slices L’Aubert de Gaspé, 1.25 cm (½ inch) thick
- Preheat barbecue to medium.
- Remove the stems of the peppers by cutting all around them and creating an opening large enough to lay a slice of cheese on top after filling.
- In a bowl, mix the cooked rice, black beans, salsa, corn and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fill the peppers with this mixture. Cover each with a slice of cheese and press lightly to ensure filling will stay inside.
- Place the peppers upright on the grill and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the peppers are tender, the filling is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a green salad with avocado.
- Cooked peppers keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. They can also be refrigerated before cooking.
Your message has been send successfully.