- 250 ml (1 cup) soft bread, crusts removed
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flour
- 1 L (4 cups) milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) shredded Old Cheddar From Here
- 500 ml (2 cups) shredded Swiss From Here
- 500 g (17 oz) package Tortiglioni, cooked
- 796 ml (28 oz) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 225 g (8 oz) round Saint-Paulin From Here, rind removed, diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a food processor, process bread to make soft breadcrumbs.
- In a bowl, stir them together with half of butter. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter and stir in flour. Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add milk and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add half the Old Cheddar From Here. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together remaining Old Cheddar From Here with Swiss From Here. Set aside.
- In a 4 L (16 cups) ovenproof dish, arrange a layer of noodles. Cover with tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover with a second layer of noodles, then half the sauce, the shredded cheese mixture and the diced /directory/families/saint-paulin-from-hereSaint-Paulin From Here. Cover with a third layer of noodles, then the sauce, the shredded cheese mixture and the /directory/families/saint-paulin-from-hereSaint-Paulin From Here. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top and bake for 30 minutes.
Your message has been send successfully.