- 60 ml (1/4 cup) butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 8 eggs (yolks and whites separated)
- 500 ml (2 cups) Blackburn
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a frying pan, melt half the butter and brown the onion.
- Add the maple syrup and caramelize the onions. Add salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks with an electric mixer. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are thick and pale, about 6 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in half of the Blackburn into the egg yolks, then the egg whites.
- In a large oven-proof frying pan, melt the remaining butter, and add the omelette mixture.
- Sprinkle the caramelized onions and the remaining Blackburn on top.
- Cook on medium heat until the omelette starts to brown on the bottom.
- Put the frying pan in the oven, and bake for about 15 minutes or until the top is firm and very puffy.
- Place the omelette on a serving dish.
Your message has been send successfully.