- 75 ml (1/3 cup) butter
- 6 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) sugar
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) tomato paste (optional)
- 1 bottle light beer (approximately 350 ml or 12 oz)
- 750 ml (3 cups) beef stock
- 1/2 baguette
- 100 g (4 oz) of the cheese Le Mamirolle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a thick bottom pan.
- Cook sliced onions, garlic and sugar. Caramelize.
- Incorporate the tomato paste and flour. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour beer into pan and bring to a boil during 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add beef bouillon, season, lower heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut baguette into thin slices and grill it.
- Remove the rind from Le Mamirolle and slice it finely.
- Pour into ovenproof soup bowls.
- Place a bread slice on top and cover with slices of Le Mamirolle.
- Grill during about 3 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Your message has been send successfully.