- 500 ml (2 cups) orzo
- 100 g (3.5 oz) chorizo, cut into strips
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) Cheddar Île-aux-Grues, diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh flat parsley, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh basil, finely chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cook the orzo following the cooking instructions on the package. Drain.
- While the orzo cooks, grill the chorizo strips in butter in a frying pan. Set aside on a paper towel to remove the excess fat.
- In a large bowl, mix the orzo, chorizo, Cheddar Île-aux-Grues, pine nuts, red onions, parsley and basil together.
- Add the olive oil and the lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper. Keep in the refrigerator until serving.
Your message has been send successfully.