- 6 slices of veal shanks
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) flour
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) red wine
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 2 branches of fresh thyme
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) orange zest
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) lemon zest
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Le Gré des Champs, grated
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) flat parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Flour the veal slices. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof saucepan, brown the veal slices in butter on both sides.
- Add the onion, garlic and carrots, and continue cooking for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with the red wine, and add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Uncover, and turn the veal slices. Continue baking for about 30 minutes or until it is fork tender.
- Baste frequently while baking uncovered. Adjust the seasonings.
- Serve topped with gremolata and with pasta.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Set aside.
- You can freeze the osso buco; however, the gremolata must be prepared right before serving.
Your message has been send successfully.