- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 4 chicken legs
- 12 large shrimps, deveined
- 8 scampis
- 250 ml (1 cup) chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) long grain rice
- 1 pinch of threads
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 1 can (398 ml or 19 oz) of whole stewed tomatoes
- 12 mussels, cleaned
- 500 ml (2 cups) frozen green peas
- 250 ml (1 cup) Le Douanier, rind removed and cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and cook the chicken legs until they are golden brown and nearly cooked (around 15 minutes). Set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, brown the scampis and the shrimps, just enough to sear them. Set them aside on a plate as well.
- Brown the sausage, the peppers and the garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the rice, saffron and chicken stock.
- Add the tomatoes and let simmer until the stock has been almost entirely absorbed.
- Add the chicken legs, shrimps and scampis.
- Add the mussels, peas and cheese cubes.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, until the mussels have opened. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with lemon quarters.
Your message has been send successfully.