- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pecan pieces
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) white or brown sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) cornstarch
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) pure vanilla extract
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) sugar
- 1 package unflavoured gelatine
- 180 g (6 oz) le riopelle de l’Isle cheese
- In a saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat and add the sugar.
- Cook for two minutes, making sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pecans and cook for three to four minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- In another saucepan, dilute the cornstarch in the milk, vanilla and sugar. Warm over low heat.
- Soften the gelatine in 60 ml (1/4 cup) cold water and then add to the warm mixture to dissolve it.
- Remove from heat as soon as the mixture begins to steam—it must not be allowed to boil.
- Remove the cheese rind and chop coarsely.
- Melt the cheese in the warm, but not boiling, milk.
- Pour the (Panna Cotta) mixture into serving glasses or bowls.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours to allow time for setting.
- Top the Panna Cotta with the caramelized pecans.
Your message has been send successfully.