- 750 ml (3 cups) ciabatta or country-style bread, cut into 2.5 cm (1 in) cubes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) and 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 2 red peppers, de-seeded and halved
- 1 box of 540 ml (19 oz) canned white beans
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
- 8 ripe tomatoes (approximately 1 kg or 2 1/4 lbs), diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pitted black olives
- 250 ml (1 cup) Le Moine, diced
- A few fresh basil leaves, chopped, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF (200 ºC).
- Drizzle bread cubes with 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil, making sure that they are fully covered. Place them on a baking sheet in the oven until they are golden (approximately 10 minutes).
- Place red pepper halves on a baking sheet and cook them for approximately 20 minutes, until the skin has blackened. Let them cool and remove the skin. Dice and set aside.
- Carefully rinse and drain the white beans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper.
- Add beans, bread cubes, tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, onion, black olives and Le Moine cubes.
- Mix until all the ingredients are covered in vinaigrette.
- Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours. All the ingredients should be saturated in vinaigrette.
- Just before serving, add basil leaves. Adjust seasoning to taste and eat chilled.
Your message has been send successfully.