- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 750 ml (3 cups) peeled and sliced parsnips
- 1 liter (4 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- Salt and ground pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 150 g (5 oz.) sliced Raclette de Compton cheese
- Your choice of baby greens (snow peas, beets, radishes, etc.)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook leek and parsnips for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and milk, then salt and pepper. Simmer covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until parsnips are tender.
- Purée soup in a blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, add parsley, and adjust seasoning.
- Heat a skillet over medium. Butter one side of bread slices and place two in hot skillet, buttered side down. Divide cheese evenly between slices in skillet and top with remaining slices, buttered side up. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then turn over and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until both sides are golden and cheese is melted.
- Place grilled cheese sandwiches on a cutting board and cut into 1.25 x 1.25 cm (½ x ½ in.) cubes.
- Serve soup garnished with grilled cheese cubes and greens.
Looking for a substitute for this cheese?
- Check out our selection of raclette from here.
- Parsnip soup will keep in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days. It can also be frozen, but without the garnishes. The grilled cheese sandwiches should not be prepared until ready to serve.
Your message has been send successfully.