- 450 g (1 lb) tagliatelle
- 2 confit duck thighs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) duck or chicken stock
- 500 ml (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 85 ml (1/3 cup) fresh basil, chopped
- 210 g (7 oz) Le Calumet, shaved or grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the duck thighs on a baking sheet.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, remove the skin of the duck once it has cooled, debone and shred the flesh.
- Keep the duck fat found in the package and under the skin. Discard the skin and bones.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain with a colander and set aside.
- In the saucepan used for pasta, melt the duck fat and brown the shallots and garlic.
- Add the stock and the duck meat. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the cooked pasta, cherry tomatoes and basil. Stir and heat well.
- Adjust seasoning, top with Le Calumet cheese shavings and serve.
Your message has been send successfully.