- 455 g (1 lb) long pasta of your choice (spaghetti, fettuccini, linguini, etc.)
- 3 bacon slices, cut in strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) fish or chicken stock
- 250 g (9 oz) Fontina Saint-Benoît-du-Lac, grated
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) corn starch
- 250 ml (1 cup) crab meat
- Zest of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a pan until golden and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add the garlic to the frying pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Coat the cheese with corn starch and drop into the hot stock. Let melt while stirring.
- Add the crab meat and stir gently. Season to taste. Add the pasta, lime zest and cilantro.
- Sprinkle with bacon and serve immediately. Add grated cheese on top, if desired.
Your message has been send successfully.