- 60 g (2 oz) all-purpose flour
- 30 g (1 oz) salted butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) water
- 1 pinch of salt
- 16 spears of small asparagus
- 1 ripe but firm pear, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) salted butter
- 150 g (5 oz) Vacherin Fri-Charco cheese
- 60 g (2 oz) baby arugula
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) walnut oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mix the flour, butter and salt.
- Shape into a fountain and add water.
- Make a smooth piece of dough and refrigerate it for at least 20 minutes.
- Split the dough in four pieces and flatten into rectangles around 4 mm (1/8 in.) thick.
- Prick the dough and prebake at 180 °C (350 °F) for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Blanch the asparagus spears in boiling salted water. Set aside.
- Cut the pear into 16 slices and smother lightly in butter. Set aside.
- Place the pear slices and asparagus spears on the dough, alternating between the two, and add the cheese, tearing it by hand.
- Finish baking in the preheated oven at 180 °C (350 °F) for 4 to 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Add pepper when you retrieve it from the oven.
- Top with baby arugula and sprinkle with lemon juice and walnut oil. Serve.
- This recipe also works well with Vacherin DuVillage.
Your message has been send successfully.