- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled and sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
- 1 vanilla pod or 3 ml (1/2 tsp.) vanilla
- 1 store-bought package of puff pastry
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) le riopelle de l'Isle, rind removed
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) maple sugar
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) sugar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) maple syrup
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- In a pan, cook the pears in butter until golden.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla and continue cooking to form a light syrup. Let cool completely.
- Roll out the puff pastry to approximately 1 cm (1/4 in) in thickness and about 12 cm (5 in) in diameter.
- Spread the le riopelle de l'Isle on the pastry, leaving a 1 to 2 cm (1/2 to 3/4 in) edge.
- Sprinkle with 30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple sugar.
- Place pears in a rosette on the pastry. Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Sprinkle the rest of the maple sugar over the pears and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with caramelized maple. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
- In a saucepan, heat sugar and maple syrup without stirring until caramelized.
- Add cream and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes until mixture is consistent.
- Remove from heat and incorporate butter. Caramel thickens as it cools.
Your message has been send successfully.