- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 L (8 cups) chicken stock
- 1 box (540 ml or 19 oz) white beans, drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) pasta (little shells)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 sage leaves, minced
- 6 slices of baguette
- 1 small round of Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix (approximately 200 g or 7 oz sliced)
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) L'Ancêtre Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the butter and brown the chopped onion.
- Add the leek, garlic, zucchinis, carrots and tomatoes.
- Add chicken stock, white beans and pasta shells.
- Let simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until the pasta and vegetables are cooked. Add salt and pepper, parsley and sage leaves.
- Place the bread slices on a baking sheet.
- Add slices of Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix and broil during about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Just before serving, garnish the soup with pistou and a Le Fleurmier de Charlevoix crostini.
Your message has been send successfully.