- 30 g (2 tbsp.) butter
- 14 french shallots
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) 35% cream
- 75 g (2 1/2 oz) Brie Chevalier Triple Crème, rind removed
- 4 quail eggs
- 60 ml (4 tbsp.) reduced veal stock
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) truffle oil
- 2 slices of brioche bread, 1 cm (1/2 in) thick, cut into sticks (mouillettes)
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter until lightly browned.
- Add the shallots and brown for a few seconds then deglaze with white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the cream and reduce until the sauce has a creamy consistency.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Poach the quail eggs for 1 minute in a saucepan with slightly vinegary boiling water.
- Pour the cheese sauce into ramekins.
- Using a spoon, make a little hole in the centre of the sauce and place a quail egg in the hole.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F) or until the egg white is cooked.
- Mix the chives with the veal jus and pour the mixture over the cheese sauce.
- Finish with a drizzle of truffle oil and serve with the brioche mouillettes that have been lightly toasted in the oven.
Your message has been send successfully.