- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
- 1 kg (approximately 2 1/4 lbs) pork cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 cooking apples (Cortland, Empire, Spartan), peeled and diced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) apple cider
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 250 g (8 oz) Migneron de Charlevoix, diced
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over high heat and melt the butter. Brown the pork cubes.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and diced apples. Mix and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and season. Mix well.
- Add the cider and stock. Bring to a boil and let simmer over medium-low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add the diced cheese. Serve before the cheese is fully melted.
Your message has been send successfully.